Frequently Asked Questions
- What is DosePlanner?
DosePlanner is a software system designed to help manage the clients electing or assigned to the compliance packaging operations of a pharmacy. DosePlanner provides improved productivity and organizational benefits, allowing the pharmacy to easily provide multiple packaging options and reporting capabilities to their clients.
- Will DosePlanner work with my Pharmacy Management System (PMS)?
DosePlanner has an interface module that can automatically extract information directly from your PMS. Info Extracted includes Patient, Rx, Drug, Doctors, RPh and Nursing Home/Facility. Please refer to the current list of PMS systems compatible with the DosePlanner system.
- Will DosePlanner work with all packaging manufacturers?
DosePlanner currently works with Labels and Blister products from Drug Package Inc.
- What types of packaging is supported by DosePlanner?
DosePlanner currently supports labelling for packaging systems such as: Med-Boxes, Unit-Dose Blister cards and Medi-Aid single-dose and multi-dose blister cards..
- Will DosePlanner work with Strip-Pack packaging?
We are currently developing interfaces to Parata and Auto-Med packaging systems, but these interfaces are not yet available. The anticipated general release for these interfaces should be in 2017.
- Will DosePlanner work with other Automated Packaging systems?
Yes. We are currently working with a couple of automation vendors to produce an interface to automated filling machines. When available, DosePlanner will be able to provide a consistent interface to your personnel while allowing your pharmacy to easily move from manual to automated filling solutions.
- Is DosePlanner compliant with HIPAA?
Yes. DosePlanner is hosted on a HIPAA-compliant cloud system. This system provides daily backups as well as redundant data centers and networks to minimize the possibilities of system outages or data issues.
- Will DosePlanner work with my computers?
DosePlanner is designed as a cloud-based service and operates through your computer’s internet browser. We have tested the system with browser software running on Windows, Apple, and Linux systems with little or no issues.
- What if I have a problem using the system?
Your membership includes free training and customer support for the software. Your membership also includes all updates and feature enhancements to DosePlanner.
- What are the requirements to get started?
After starting your DosePlanner membership, you will need the following items:
· Blister cards or med-boxes
· A laser printer and/or a direct thermal printer (refer to the Printer Compatibility Guide for more information)
· Tools/Aids for manual, semi-automated, or fully automated packaging.
· NOTE: these items are NOT part of the DosePlanner membership costs.
- What happens at the end of my free trial?
Your membership will automatically renew at the end of your free month. You can cancel at any time prior to the renewal.
- What is your refund policy?
- How will you bill me?
We offer both monthly and annual billing. Depending on what option you choose, your membership will be renewed at the end of each month or at the end of each year. If you choose to pay annually, you’ll save compared to paying monthly. All billing is by credit/debit card or direct bank draft.
- What is the term of the DosePlanner membership?
Depending upon your choice of products, your initial membership could be either month-to-month or for a period of 12 months. Your membership will automatically renew at the end of your initial term for subsequent term of the same length.
- What if I want to cancel my DosePlanner membership?
You can cancel your current term. Your account will remain active until the end of the current term. Access to the DosePlanner system will remain active. You may be liable for the costs billed for the term with no partial refunds. Please refer to the DosePlanner notification & refund policy for more information.
- What happens to the patient data when I cancel my DosePlanner membership?
Your patient data will be shredded after 30 days unless you request the data to be exported and returned.
*Sales tax not included